Instructions for Authors
The following instructions concern the offering of both reviewed and non-reviewed submissions: their required structure, length and formatting. Keeping to the general rules, including the citation standard, is essential for the submission to be accepted; by complying with the prescribed formal criteria your text will result in easier editing and faster publishing, as well as less redrafting by the author. Therefore, we would greatly appreciate you keeping to the instructions.
Submissions are constantly being received. Authors should expect the article editing process to take at least two weeks for non-reviewed papers and at last three to four weeks for reviewed ones (unless returned to the author/s for redrafting). The editorial office will email the final confirmation of acceptance for publishing one week before the next issue, at the latest. At this point, the author can review the final version of the article online and contact the editorial team about any last necessary corrections. In case the article is not accepted for publication, the editorial office provides all necessary information about the decision together with recommendation by the reviewers.
The Reviewed Papers section only publishes original submissions. If offering a paper published previously elsewhere, the author is required to say so explicitly; it may be published in another way, such as a review referencing the full version in the other medium. The editorial board regards any other way as unethical. Papers published in Envigogika may be published elsewhere on the condition that the original paper in Envigogika is referenced and an email notification is sent to the editorial office. It is also regarded as unethical if the author offers a text to another periodical while it is being reviewed for Envigogika.
After acceptance of any text for any section, the editorial office may propose further redrafting or editing. Major modifications shall be consulted with the author; minor editing (typing errors, grammatical errors, minor formatting changes) shall be done without any consultation with the author as part of the editorial work. The resulting version of the edited text shall only be sent to the author for proof-reading if required in advance.
General Formal Rules
If offering original papers for review, please refer also to the Review Procedure Description.
Each text submitted for publishing in Reviewed Papers, or Inspirations, shall meet certain formal requirements. Please include the following in your submission:
- Title: not more than 20 words ;
- Author: name, including degrees, professional background, workplace, email address;
- Abstract - required for Reviewed Papers. This is a brief summary of the submission contents: the succession of ideas, approach or method, conclusions and possibly the theoretical and practical implications; may include topical overlaps to related disciplines. Required length: 100-150 words.
- Annotation: required for all other sections. This is a brief summary of the submission contents in approximately 50 words.
- Key words: required for Reviewed Papers, minimum 5 keywords
- Submission text: recommended length differs according to the section; see below;
- Bibliographical references.
- Brief info about the author: narrative – field of work and some important professional experience would be appreciated (approximately 50 words).
- Authors of reviewed articles are requested to propose 3 potential reviewers (names and e-mail addresses) whose orientation matches that of Envigogika articles. Thank you for your cooperation – all broader collaboration on the review procedure raises the quality of the journal.
Non-original submissions are also required to include a citation of or link to the analogous article already published in another periodical or publication (from which the new paper may result). They are not eligible for the review procedure and may be published in other sections only.
Given the publishing medium and the technological capacities of the electronic domain, the length of papers is not limited. Nonetheless, a minimum extent is set for the Reviewed Papers section: 7,200 characters (i.e., 4 standard pages); and there is no ceiling on the length for all other sections; all submissions should not be much longer than 27,000 characters (15 standard pages).